Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of the Genio platform.
Share your questions and challenges, and help your partners!

João Nunes
On 6/30/20, 4:58 PM

Just figured out that inserting a random text string in the Designation of the form field, and avoiding the translations popup menu forces Genio to "recompile" the Resources.resx and it will include the TestStaticText string that was previously inserted manually.

1. Inserted TestStaticText through "Texts"

If I immediately use "TestStaticText" as the Designation for the form field, the string will not be found in Resources.resx and causes the application to crash on runtime (generates and compiles the solution).

2. If I insert a random string in the Designation without going through "Texts" menu:

It not only generates the string TEST_123XXXX, but also generates the string for TestStaticText that was inserted through "Texts":

3. Now if I go back to Genio and change back the Designation of the static text field to "TestStaticText" it works properly and no longer crashes on runtime.

Keep Informed

About the Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Genio knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers. Read Guidelines

Question tools

20 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/30/20, 4:15 PM
Seen: 1397 times
Last updated: 8/22/20, 3:40 PM