Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of the Genio platform.
Share your questions and challenges, and help your partners!

Carlos Nogueira
On 9/5/19, 3:28 PM

"system" if too vague. Hope this options suit your needs, using Genio:

1: GLOBAL: You can use content search globally using "Search in definitions" option:

This will give you the information where in your project the text you search is located.

2 - MANUAL CODE: There is another option, limited to manual code, that will allow to search for manual text in your projects, editing is also available here:

3 - MENUs: Menus also have an option to search text within its hierarchic structure:

4 - LISTS: Within Lists, there's the option to search for text in a specific column (and in all the columns on web solutions generated by Genio).

Use the wildcard '%' to refer multiple unknown characters in the text you're looking for:

Edit (after information given on the comments):

If you want to enable full-text search on the final application (in order to the text to be searched within records and documents), you need to configure several things:

Define the text search: Fields that will be indexed and fields that will be used as filters:

Create the search menu (with full text-search) and then link it to the search definition:

Activate textual search option for your clients:

On settings of the client form, there's an option "Document search?", when enabled files and records will be available for full-text search:

SolR is used to gather the information on the text-search available cores:

On the solution, configuration file (configuracoes.xml) should link to the Solr Cores:

• Flag

Thank you for your answer, but I want to use it on the system I'm developing. I want to be able to search on the documents and texts using a search engine.

Beatriz Bagoin Guimarães
on 9/5/19, 3:38 PM

Hi, Please check if edit answer solves your question.

Carlos Nogueira
on 9/5/19, 4:09 PM

Keep Informed

About the Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Genio knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/20/19, 12:15 PM
Seen: 1700 times
Last updated: 10/3/19, 11:54 AM