Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of the Genio platform.
Share your questions and challenges, and help your partners!

John Crimson
On 9/25/19, 10:15 AM

I think the solution "just empty out the label text and use the "static text" special control in the form definition" is the canonical answer. We should avoid manual code as much as possible.

Rodrigo Serafim
On 9/24/19, 1:47 PM

Labels are meant to be small titles associated to input fields, not whole questions that are better represented as data than as interface text. The Label pattern does not offer that functionality.

One solution is to work with the css styles to create a class that will provide word-wrap and will force a max-width to the field. The minor details for respecting interface responsiveness to multiple screen sizes are hard to determine, but should be something like:

.multiline-label label {
    overflow-wrap: break-word;
    max-width: 150px;
}

Then in the form editor you can set the "style" property for those controls. But you will have to tweak things around, especially with the pixel width until you get acceptable results.

Another solution is to just empty out the label text and use the "static text" special control in the form definition. There you can try to control the line-breaks with html br elements. Remember to activate the "html?" option.

• Flag

Can you show me where I should put this code

Mauro Kane
on 9/24/19, 3:06 PM

For the stylesheet you use the CSS_STYLE manwin of the MVC platform. For the html classname I already said it in the answer, you go to the form editor, select the field, and use the "style" property,

Rodrigo Serafim
on 9/25/19, 10:06 AM

Keep Informed

About the Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Genio knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers. Read Guidelines

Question tools

8 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/23/19, 1:59 PM
Seen: 1512 times
Last updated: 10/9/19, 1:36 PM