Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of the Genio platform.
Share your questions and challenges, and help your partners!

Álvaro Damas
On 3/5/20, 6:05 PM

There's no problem. This warning only concerns the generation of systems for C ++. Please ignore this warning completely in case you are using Genio to generate for MVC or QWEB

• Flag

I'm actually generating a Backoffice solution, the Table lists in this forms are not working, and I'm assuming this is the problem.

João Ferro
on 3/5/20, 6:08 PM

José Gomes
On 3/5/20, 6:10 PM

You can duplicate the existing table "A" and name it "AA", and this table will be domain table. After doing this, you can create more area (A1, A2, ....) over domain "AA".

This approach is clean if you are building a new system, your system is not in production mode. Otherwise it will be necessary to import data from table "A" to table "AA", because the the table "AA" will be fisical table on the database.

• Flag

OK thanks, I'll measure the cost of migrating data and other external references against the cost of changing all my forms.

João Ferro
on 3/5/20, 6:16 PM

João Nuno Santos
On 3/5/20, 5:44 PM
Hello João,

I dont know of another way to create areas, what i would advise is to create an area for each table even if they dont need areas for the moment.
In this way you wont need to change every form and DB List that was using the domain previously.
  • Flag

I know of that practice, but this is an existing system that has more than half of the tables without areas

João Ferro
on 3/5/20, 6:00 PM

Keep Informed

About the Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Genio knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers. Read Guidelines

Question tools

18 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/5/20, 5:36 PM
Seen: 1480 times
Last updated: 3/5/20, 6:17 PM